Guns the left loves to hate
Ravenwood - 10/18/06 06:00 AM
I like Mike Adams, but he's definitely a different type of gunowner than I am. Adams is concerned that if Democrats regain control of the House, Senate, and/or Presidency that a whole slew of gun bans will be coming down from on high. To prepare for them he's set aside a nest egg to make some last minute purchase before any gun bans go into effect.
In a nutshell, here is Mike's list:
- 13 round mags for his Springfield .45 ACP XD
- Loaded Standard Springfield M1A Rifle
- Springfield 1911-A1 Micro Compact with optional light rail
- Springfield 1911 Lightweight Operator
I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Adams apparently owns stock in Springfield Armory. Those are all nice guns, save for my belief that a Micro-Compact 1911 is an oxymoron. (If I'm carrying my 1911, I want people to know it!) But are any of these guns really endangered by Democrats?
My list is, shall we say, a little more aggressive and focuses on evil guns the left wishes were never made:
- Barrett Model 82A1. I heard these can shoot down airliners from 4 miles away. I'll take the semi-auto over the bolt action, because even at .50 caliber one shot just isn't enough.
- Bobcat Weapons BW-5. Its a semi-auto 9mm MP5 clone. It even has the "mock" silencer on it. Ooo.. scary!
- FN Five-seveN. It shoots a high velocity 5.7x28mm round from a tiny gun with very little recoil. The round is extra pointy for deep penetration. The media calls it armor-piercing, the Dems call it cop killer, I'll call it Charlene.
- Yugo SKS. I know, it's a cheap commie gun, but the bayonet, grenade launcher, and low sticker price make it a favorite bad guy of the gun grabbing left.
- Bushmaster AR-15. It's the black rifle of choice for beltway snipers. Need I say more?
- Smith and Wesson .500 Revolver. Because the only thing the left hates worse than a .50 caliber rifle is a .50 caliber handgun. Dirty Harry has nothing on this hand cannon.
There are a lot more, but I cannot list them all. And if I made any glaring omissions, I'm sure I'll hear about it in the comments.
1) I'd have to say you left out the stacks of 30-round magazines for the AR.
2) What? No AK-47 clone? How can you have the evil black assault rifle, but not the evil Com-Bloc one?
3) And if you get the AK with the Soviet-style scope rail, and put a nasty long-looing scope, you just might be able to combine a "high-powered assault rifle" with the dreaded "high-powered sniper rifle" in one EEEEEVIL weapon.
Well, I just got my service grade Garand, so here's my list:
Eeeevvvvilll black rifle--I'm in the long, slow, process of buying pieces to assemble an AR (I'm thinking 16" midlength) with stack-O-mags
An NM AR (for service rifle (basically informal high power) matches at the nearby range, and for high-power if I ever get into it)
Mags for my camp carbine (S&W 5900 mags)
Mags for my Para P12-45
An AK of some sort... but I got an SKS a while back, and I'm putting together an AR, so this might be at the bottom of the list.
I'm not convinced that a Dem takeover would be as bad, gunwise, as it could be. Of course, a HUGE take over (more than one in the senate, more than a few in the house) changes this, but... several of the possible senate seats up in the air are either conservative dems (Montana, Tenn*) or RINO-types who would support gun-control anyway (Rhode Island--Losing Chaffee wouldn't be a big deal) So, even with Dem control, there's a decent chance that guncontrol doesn't rear it's ugly head.
All that being said, I'm still hurrying along my AR assembly a little bit. :)
*Ford talks a decent game, but I"m not convinced he wouldn't "go native" once he gets to DC and vote for whatever the party wants him to. (Kind of like Salazar from CO)
You need one of those Calico 9mms. Nothing says EVIL like a pistol with a 100 round magazine!
Personally, I'm partial to the classic, fearsome .88 Magnum.
You do realize that if you get the Barrett, I will become your new best friend, right? And of course you would want to let best friends shoot such fine firearms. I don't care if it takes bribes of fresh baked goods and more cute VA Tech gobbling turkeys. :)
AKs, Tec-9s, semi-auto anything, anything with a scope is a sniper rifle, any cheap handgun.
LOL! .88 Magnum. It shoots through schools!
You need to check out Mike Remo's(of anzioironworks.com) latest efffort. He unveiled his 20mm rifle at Knob Creek. A nice 3500yard shooter. Makes me want to move up to DD's.
Barrett has just come out with a short version of the 82A1. You should get that because it is more concealable and you could probable sneak it on a plane and shoot it down from the inside.
Oh man, my girlfriend and I were just talking about this last night. She keeps a snubnose .38 at the ready and I like my Ruger .357 mag. Strictly for home protection and groundhog scaring purposes.
Your friend may be right and I will forever defend the second ammendment. But dammit! tell the NRA to stop calling me everyday for more money...jeez o' pete!
Anyhoo, my brother's best friend is a sales rep for Barret and oh my Gawd does he ever show up with some awesome weaponry! I get all tingly inside when I run into that guy.
And yeah Mr. Ravenwood! I never went anywhere, but I'll save that story for you in private conversation. Glad you're still bloggin' though!
Who cares about guns? they are a waste of time and energy. Get a life people!
Since they're what the GFWs always seem to rant about when they talk about an AWB, you have to get at least one AK and an Uzi clone.
Also, a Saiga-12 shotgun, preferably a 'conversion' model, with all the 'evil features.' FMBG makes some nice ones
The general rule of tyrants disarm the masses thats just what HITLER and LENIN did and no doubt what CASTRO did and what the UN wants to do
(c) Ravenwood and Associates, 1990 - 2014